1. General Provisions
Careers International is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Our privacy practices may vary among the countries in which we operate to reflect local practices and legal requirements (“Applicable Data Protection Laws”). In most cases this will be the law of the country in which you are located.
Careers International SPRL
390, avenue Louise
According to the Applicable Data Protection laws, you may be entitled to file a complaint with your local Supervisory Authority or the lead Supervisory Authority, being the Belgian Data Protection Authority (address: Rue de la Presse 35, 1000 Brussels - email: email@example.com).
This will generally be the case when are you located within the European Economic Area (hereinafter the “EEA”). We would appreciate it however that, prior to filing any complaint, you contact us in order for us to assist you with your request or concern.
Please note that the Services may contain links to other websites digital platforms or Internet resources which may collect personal data voluntarily or through cookies or other technologies. Careers International has no responsibility, liability for, or control over those other websites or Internet resources or their collection, use and disclosure of your personal data. Careers International recommends you to review the privacy policies of those other websites and Internet resources to understand how they collect and use personal data.
2. Data Processed by Careers International
According to Applicable Data Protection Laws, you may be entitled to know the identity of your “Data Controller” i.e. the legal entity which determines why and how your personal data is processed. This will generally be the case when you are located within the EEA.
Services of Careers International are aimed at connecting Users and clients of Careers International (hereinafter each a “Company” or “Companies”) and allowing Users to attend online events/jobinars organized by Companies on the Platform and/or applying for job offers of Companies. Disclosure of personal data of the Users to said Companies is thus inherent to the Services (see also article 5). With respect to the Services, the Data Controller of your personal data is Careers International. Depending on the online event/jobinar you are attending or the job you are applying for, the Company can either be a data processor or a data controller jointly with Careers International. Indeed, depending on the Company’s preferences:
- either the personal data are automatically transferred to the Company (in which case the Company is a joint controller, as Careers International and Companies will jointly determine the purposes and means of processing of your personal data),
- or the personal data are not automatically transferred to Companies (in which case Careers International is the sole controller, as Careers International solely determines the purposes and means of processing of your personal data, and the Company is a recipient).
The categories of personal data which can be processed while using our Services or while communicating with Careers International can be divided in 3 basic categories:
a. Information you give us.
b. Information we collect about you.
c. Information we may receive from third parties.
Here’s a little more detail on each of these categories.
a. Information you give us.
a.1. when registering for our newsletter or other career-related information: your email address
a.2. as an employee: name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, photos and videos, CV, motivation letters, information education and work experience, evaluation forms and results of any tests and assessments; payroll information including national register number, address, seniority, civil status, bank account number, family composition, date of birth; salary and salary sheets;
a.3. as a candidate: name, address, e-mail address, telephone number; photos and videos; CV, motivation letters, notes made during the job interview; information on education and work experience; evaluation forms and results of any tests and assessments.
a.4. as principal, customer or some other business relation: name, e-mail address and telephone number.
Unless explicitly authorized by Careers International you commit not to share any sensitive data, as further defined.
While we make every effort to ensure that your personal data is accurate, complete and up to date, you can help us considerably in this by promptly notifying us if there are any changes to your data
b. Information we collect about you We and our consultants might collect certain information by using automated means, such as cookies, when you interact with our mobile applications, or visit our website, pages or use other of our digital assets. This information may include your IP address, browser type, operating system, the full URLs, referring URLs and information on actions taken or interaction with our digital assets. We may use third-party web analytics services on our websites and other digital assets, to help us analyze how visitors use our website and other digital assets.
Careers International sometimes processes public data, e.g. data that are subject to a publication duty, such as the publication of your appointment as director of a company, or data that you made public yourself, such as information posted on your website, or data that are generally known in your region or that have appeared in the press.
c. Information we may receive from third parties. We are working closely with third parties (including, for example, web applications). These third parties may be based outside of the EEA (for more information, see sections 5 and 7).
The processing of personal data identified under points (a) and (c) is necessary for the performance of our services. Careers International shall not be able to provide the Services in absence of the concerning personal data. The processing of personal data identified under point (b) is necessary for Careers International’s legitimate interests in order to deliver and improve its Services.
Careers International will not collect any sensitive data. This includes data such as: data relating to race or ethnic origin, religious beliefs, criminal record, physical or mental health, or sexual orientation from Users. Careers International will, if necessary, obtain your explicit consent to collect such data.
The User undertakes to provide correct and up-to-date personal data to Careers International. It will be entitled to change at all times its personal information by contacting us as indicated under section 1. Careers International cannot be held liable for any failure in its Services due to incorrect personal data provided by the User.
3. Purpose of the processing
Careers International will process these data for the following purposes:
- to provide you with the Services (as applicable);
- to administer, operate, facilitate and manage your relationship and/or account with us, and to otherwise, including contacting you or, if applicable, your designated representative(s) by post, telephone, email etc.;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information, recommendations or advice concerning promotions and services,
- to notify you about changes to the Services;
- to operate, evaluate and improve our business (including developing new products and services, troubleshooting, data analysis, testing and research and statistical and survey purposes); managing our communications; determining the effectiveness of and optimizing our advertising; analyzing our products, services, websites, mobile applications and any other digital assets; facilitating the functionality of our websites, mobile applications and any other digital assets; to ensure the content of our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer; and performing accounting, auditing and billing activities;
- to better meet your needs and expectations, and offer you the best services and the most suitable rates:
- We determine general or specific customer profiles, including:
- The type of User you are
- your profile, which is a summary of the information you have shared with us, and/or the Services you have used
- We examine the overview of the Services you have used
- We measure your (sub) optimal use of a Service.
It is in our legitimate interest to do this profiling to improve your User experience. We reassure you that this profiling is not intended for automated decision making with negative consequences for you.
- as may be required by applicable laws and regulations or requested by any relevant judicial process or governmental agency; and
- to comply with industry standards and our policies.
4. Your rights
Under Applicable Data Protection Law, you may have certain rights regarding the personal data we maintain about you. We also offer you certain choices about what personal data we collect from you, how we use that data, and how we communicate with you.
You can choose not to provide personal data to us.
To the extent provided by Applicable Data Protection Law, you may withdraw any consent you previously provided to us, or object at any time to the processing of your personal data. We will apply your preferences going forward. In some circumstances, withdrawing your consent to our use or disclosure of your personal data will mean that you cannot take advantage of certain Services. In addition, you may have the right to: request access to and receive information about the personal data we maintain about you, receive copies of the personal data we maintain about you, update and correct inaccuracies in your personal data, object to the processing of your personal data, and have the information blocked, anonymized or deleted, as appropriate. You may also have a right to data portability, which implies that Careers International can supply (at your request) your data to you and / or to a third party in a structured and machine-readable format. To exercise these rights, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Careers International will ensure that for its marketing activities it will comply with the applicable legislation (including the Applicable Data Protection Laws) and that it will obtain, where required, the necessary consents before the User receives any emails or other electronic communication from Careers International or one of its partners. You can demand at any time to stop the sending of such information by clicking on the unsubscribe button in the received electronic communication.
5. Disclosure of personal data
Careers International will never pass on your personal data to third parties with the exception of the Companies whose online events/jobinars you are attending, or whose jobs offers you are applying for. Your personal data will also be disclosed to our technical service providers who handle technical support in so far as this is necessary for the technical provision of the Services.
If Careers International gets involved in a merger, asset sale, financing, liquidation or bankruptcy, or acquisition of all or some portion of our business to another company, we may share your information with that company before and after the transaction closes.
Where appropriate or required, Careers International will be entitled to transmit personal data to law enforcement authorities, regulatory or other government agencies, or third parties where necessary or desirable to comply with legal or regulatory obligations or in the context of the above-mentioned purposes.
As the case may be, one or more of the above may be located outside of the EEA. Where applicable, your personal information will be processed in compliance with section 7.
6. Retention period
Careers International does not store the data longer than legally admissible and in any case not longer than required for the purposes for which it was collected – as mentioned in section 3 – unless otherwise required or authorized by Applicable Data Protection Law. We take measures to destroy or permanently de-identify your personal data if required by law or if your personal data is no longer required for the purpose for which we collected it.
7. International data transfers
8. Security of data
The security of personal data is important to us. Careers International shall take all reasonable and appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect the security, confidentiality and integrity of personal data. In particular, Careers International will take appropriate measures to prevent any accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure of, or access to personal data.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website or other digital assets, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not without any risks. The User consequently acknowledges that we cannot guarantee the security of her/his personal data to our website or other digital assets (such as our applications, tools, …); any transmission is at your own risk. We will however do our best to protect your personal data once we have received it and will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
Regardless of whether you are a registered User or a simple User (i.e. visitor) to the site, when you use our website, we place "cookies" on your computer. A "cookie" is a small file sent by our server to the hard disk of your computer, tablet or smartphone that identifies your navigation device and collects certain personal data. We use different types of cookies:
- "Strictly necessary cookies and functional cookies": for instance, they allow us to identify your country and the language you prefer to use, to make the use of our site as simple and pleasant as possible;
- "Performance cookies": they allow us to collect traffic statistics from our site to make it more user-friendly and to offer content better suited to your needs;
- "Commercial cookies": they allow us to propose offers to you that are tailored to your interests. However, this type of "cookie" will only be installed on your computer if you have consented. You may refuse to install "cookies" on your computer, but such a refusal may result in decreased functionality or slow-down,or may even prevent access to certain services on the site.